Send osc lyrics string from Ableset

Describe your issue here:

I hope to send osc lyrics string to Madmapper
Does Ableset also send osc. I found the /lyrics/[slug]current in the docs

Is this possible?

I have only sent lyrics from quarts composer in the past this way so I might be missing something.

Thanks!

The more information you include, the better. If you like, you can also attach images or videos.

Please fill out these values to make it easier to troubleshoot:

Ableton 12
Ableset 2.6.7

• OS and Version: (e.g. macOS Ventura 13.3)
  • Version of AbleSet: (e.g. 2.2.3)
  • Version of Ableton Live: (e.g. 11.3.3)

Hey @Mattwalker7362514, welcome to the AbleSet community!

AbleSet sends events about the current, previous, and next lyrics line for each lyrics track to all clients that have subscribed to AbleSet.

To subscribe to events, send an OSC message to AbleSet that looks like this: /subscribe [IP] [port] [name] , where [IP] is the IP address of the computer running Madmapper, [port] is the port that Madmapper is listening to OSC messages on, and [name] can be any name that is used to identify the client.

You can learn more about subscribing and all available events here: Controlling AbleSet via OSC – AbleSet

I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Leo, Ableset will be a game changer for me. I am still dusting off my osc workflows and I am still learning. I am not sure where to put the line in madmapper. I am not totally sure it sends osc but I know it receives it. So far I am not having luck.

Is the line written as /subscribe/192.168.1.221:8010/ madmapper

Its address for text in madmapper is. medias/text_generator/font/text

I will link a video of cue lab sending text to madmapper.

Thanks for creating this amazing tool!!

Matt

Madmapper osc text video

Hey @Mattwalker7362514,

Thank you for your kind words!

Unfortunately, what you're trying to do isn't possible yet with the current features of AbleSet. However, there will be a new feature in the near future that will allow you to send custom OSC commands to other tools for these kinds of setups.

Please let me know if you have any further questions or feedback. I'm looking forward to your reply!