Perfomace/Setlist Dual View

So this may have been requested in the past and I haven’t seen it but, what would be the possibility of viewing the performance view & setlist view side by side? Similar to viewing Lyrics and Performance.

I know the section progress bar is there but there is something comforting to me about viewing it vertically. I am attaching a very rough mockup and what I am thinking. Obviously the bottom bar buttons would need to be re-done but I really like the idea of the Performance style large text indicating what song is selected, and the vertical view of the setlist.

You can achieve that using Open Stage Control. Check on this topic :arrow_right:(Ableset Workflow with Open Stage Control).

2 Likes

I know it’s possible with OSC, but it would be cool to have it built-in to Ableset (to minimize the number of “moving pieces”). You could open a couple browser windows and place them side by side

1 Like

Hey @calebstephen, thank you for your feature suggestion!

This is something I could implement in the future. Since AbleSet already supports lyrics in the performance view, it makes sense to support the setlist as well. Would you prefer a 50/50 split or would it be enough to make the setlist a bit more narrow, e.g. 67/33?

I’m looking forward to your reply!

2 Likes

Does not have to be 50/50. I think a narrower setlist would work well and maybe be a more efficient use of screen real estate.

I had found this thread like 5 minutes after posting this last night lol :man_facepalming:

I’m looking into this today for time being but agree with the comment below that having something built in would be awesome and simplify the process.

1 Like

I’ve started experimenting with this and came up with the following design for displaying the setlist in the performance view:

What do you think, does this look good to you? I’m looking forward to your feedback! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Would the setlist window be re-sizeable?

For now, it just roughly takes up 1/3 of the screen’s width with a maximum width of 600px and a minimum width of 400px. Would you like the setlist to be a different size?

1 Like

I figure it depends on the use case; a 50/50 would be useful in my case (off-stage playback engineer that just wants a clean view of everything), but not necessarily for people that are using the performance view while performing on stage. If that makes any sense. Whatever ratio you settle on, I’ll be using the dual view either way :slight_smile:

1 Like

That looks just right👌
Could the setlist size be targeted on the style sheet for further customization?

Yes, that would be possible :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Aguardando ansiosamente por este recurso.

I have been using the Beta to test drive this and its awesome! Thank you!!

1 Like

Does this mean you could do the same with lyrics and setlist?

I run my iPad like that - using two instances of Safari. Sometimes Safari forgets previous settings so have to re set / scale the windows.

Not a huge deal - but would be great if this was Native in Ableset.

Setlist on left side 1/3 of the width - Lyrics on her 2/3 of window - or there abouts.

:+1::+1::+1:

Yes, that would work!

As of now, you can’t remove the performance information elements of the performance page with a toggle, but if you only want to see the lyrics and setlist view, you could use custom CSS to hide the information elements like this:

.performance > .split > .info {
  display: none;
}
1 Like

After using this for a bit and really loving it, I have some feedback on window sizing. It would be great to be able to target it in the CSS to adjust the width depending on the use case.

At my church, I frequently use the Cue Descriptions so that my MD can see notes or reminders about specific sections. For example, if something has a 1 or 2-measure count-in, or if there’s a song with 4 bridges, each with different lyrics, I’ll include the first part of each line as a reference point. This way, my MD doesn’t need to see all the lyrics, just the key parts.

However, I’ve encountered a few situations where the split view window is too small, causing text to break awkwardly. While it’s not a major issue, I would prefer if the information consistently appeared in the same location. Currently, it sometimes aligns with the section name and other times appears underneath it. Photo below for reference.

In this example, I have ample screen real estate available in performance view and would love to allocate some of it to Setlist. I realize this is a minor quality-of-life improvement request. :sweat_smile:

Leo, you’re truly the best for listening to your users and implementing features! I think I speak for many of us when I say THANK YOU SO FREAKIN MUCH!

2 Likes

@calebstephen , I couldn’t agree more. If there was a customer support award, @leolabs would win hands down!

2 Likes

Hands down.
The man.

1 Like

Hey @calebstephen, @RichardB, and @agustinvolpe, thank you so much for your kind words, that means a lot to me!

Regarding your request, you could make use of custom styles to change the setlist’s width like this:

.performance .setlist {
  min-width: 50vw;
}

This code will make the floating setlist take up 50% of your browser window’s width. You can change this number to whatever works best for you.

I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

2 Likes