AbleSet 3.1.5

  • Fixed a bug that caused AbleNet commands to be re-run when a long-disconnected host reconnects to another host in some situations
  • Fixed the loop bracket being re-enabled after it was manually disabled in a looped section when saving the setlist
  • Fixed stop descriptions being spoken in Cues even if the setting was disabled
  • Fixed automatic section transitions triggering twice, causing the first few seconds of the target section to be repeated, depending on the project’s quantization

You can download this version here:
Mac (Apple Silicon): https://ableset.com/download/mac-arm64/3.1.5
Mac (Intel): https://ableset.com/download/mac/3.1.5
Windows: https://ableset.com/download/win/3.1.5

2 Likes

Hey Leo! I had an issue today where when I restarted ableton on my B machine while my A machine was playing a song. Once Ableset was back up, it reconnected at its IP address (10.0.100.3) as a host as usual but before I could switch it to follow my A as a host (10.0.100.2), it restarted both machines to the top of the song that A was in the middle of playing. Is this what you fixed with your re-run command bug? If not, I’ll make a more detailed post about my issue in the support forum - thanks so much as always!

Hey @hank, thank you for reporting this issue!

This could very likely have been caused by the bug that I fixed in 3.1.5, but please feel free to send me log packages from both machines along with the time and date of when it happened, so I can take a closer look.

You can create them by opening AbleSet’s status window, clicking the settings icon on the top right, and then selecting “Create Log Package”. Then upload both files to my support inbox.

I’m looking forward to your reply!

Hey Leo, loving the new count-in feature if you’re starting on a section mid-song. Is there a way to keep certain tracks from muting during that count in? Specifically thinking about potentially all midi tracks - I have vocal FX that kick in just before a Chorus downbeat for example - and with this count in feature they don’t get triggered since the beginning of the midi clip is muted. Same thing with midi tracks running to LightKey for lights.

Hey @vlh,

Glad you’re enjoying the count-in feature!

To keep specific tracks active during the count-in, add the +NEVERMUTE (or +NM) flag to their names. These tracks are soloed along with the click, so any MIDI clips starting before the Chorus downbeat will be triggered as expected. For example:

Vocal FX +NM
LightKey +NM

This works on MIDI tracks as well as audio tracks, so it covers both your vocal FX and your LightKey tracks.

You can also see the +NM flag in action in the official tutorial.

Hope that helps!

beautiful, thank you!

1 Like

Hi one more question - and sorry if I’m not asking these in the right spot! Is there a way to program a button on a midi controller to re-speak the song you’re about to start? I control Ableset without a screen, so sometimes mid-set as a song ends and it cues up the next, I’ll sometimes miss the song title cue and forget what song is next. My workaround has been to go back a song then forward a song to hear it again… But it would be nice if I could create a button that just confirms which song you’re currently on. Is there a way to do this with OSC? Haven’t really dived into that yet

Hey @vlh,

No worries at all, you can do this with a MIDI mapping that runs a small script. The /cues/say OSC command speaks any message through the AbleSet Cues plugin, so we just need to feed it the current song name.

1. Add the mapping

Go to Settings → MIDI Mapping, OSC & Scripting → Edit MIDI Mapping, click “Add New Mapping” under your controller, and press the button you’d like to use. Then set the action to Custom Script.

2. Paste this script

// If a song is queued, speak that one, otherwise speak the current song
const queued = osc("/setlist/queuedName");
const song = queued || osc("/setlist/activeSongName");

if (song) {
  sendOsc("/cues/say", song);
}

This way, whether AbleSet has already moved to the next song or the next song is still queued, the button always tells you what’s coming up.

Note that Custom Script mappings require AbleSet Pro.

Would that work for your use case?

2 Likes

Man I love this software so much - works perfectly, thank you!!

Vlad Holiday
646-656-0251

1 Like