AbleSet 2.7.0

It’s been a while since the last major update – I’ve been working on a bunch of new features and improvements. Here’s what’s new:

• Added support for EXBOX.MD audio interfaces
  • Added support for Oaktone controllers like the Oakboard Floor Vista
  • Added an optional floating setlist module to the performance view
  • Added an optional display to the performance view which shows the playhead’s current position in bars and beats
  • Added support for displaying the setlist’s and current song’s remaining duration in seconds
    • Can be displayed in performance and setlist view
  • Added support for a “Measures” track to override the displayed playhead position
    • Measure tracks can be generated here
  • Added support for OSC tracks (docs)
    • OSC commands can be sent to AbleSet or external applications and devices
    • This also includes a new OSC log and OSC command tester page which allows you to debug OSC commands
  • Added a new record indicator that allows you to monitor and toggle whether Live is currently recording
  • Added the ability to customize the setlist view per device
  • Added the ability to specify a custom name per device
    • This makes it easier to target them in OSC commands
    • You can also target devices by name in custom styles
  • Added a new parameter to the /setlist/jumpToSection OSC command which allows you to jump to the first section that includes a given word (docs)
  • Improved the setlist view to highlight the cued section when count-in is enabled and added a “Counting In” label to the cued section to make it easier to see which section is being counted in
  • Improved the “enable loop” command so it now automatically moves the loop bracket to the current section when it’s not already positioned around the playhead
  • Improved the reliability of AbleSet when working with multiple versions of Live on the same machine
  • Fixed scrolling to the first full image in lyrics not always working
  • Fixed STOP locators at the end of a song not showing up as a gap in the setlist when using multi-file projects
  • Fixed STOP overrides in the setlist not being respected in multi-file projects
  • Fixed global quantization being reset to 1 bar at times when using
  • Fixed AbleSet jumping to the first song when jumping past the last song using OSC or MIDI mapping
  • Fixed txt files not being selectable when importing setlists
  • Fixed a bug that caused AbleSet to use all MIDI connections which made them unavailable to other applications on Windows
  • Fixed a lag with the visual metronome in songs that use 8ths time signatures
  • Fixed AbleSet moving the loop bracket when enabling it, even when the playhead is currently in the loop bracket
  • Fixed a bug where unused songs would still appear after importing a setlist from a file

Here’s a video of the most important new features: YouTube

You can download this version here:
Mac: https://ableset.app/download/mac/2.7.0
Mac (ARM): https://ableset.app/download/mac-arm64/2.7.0
Win: https://ableset.app/download/win/2.7.0

2 Likes
Excellent, that’s up on the server!!

Sent from my iPhone
1 Like

Love this update! Would it be possible to get the countdown to song end as a variable inside of companion?

1 Like

That’s a great idea! I’ve added it to my todo list :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey Leo! This is such a great update.
Could the record button be added to the AbleSet M4L device as well (as on/off options, so to be able to map the two)?

That should be fairly easy to do, I’ll add it to my todo list! :slight_smile:

1 Like