"Stem Stop" or "Guide Solo" feature

Hey Leo! Thank you for all of your hard work and attention to detail in Ableset! I run Ableton for a church with 7 different locations and Ableset has been a HUGE improvement to our workflow. I was wondering if there was a way to add some sort of functionality to solo the click/guide track via the online controller? This would be helpful if the band needed to quickly stop stems that are playing in the house but keep click playing in their ears. Would love to hear your thoughts on this!

That’s an interesting idea! I’ll add it to my todo list :slight_smile:

This is a great function!

I’ve just released AbleSet 2.5.0-beta.7 which includes the ability to use a MIDI controller or OSC commands to mute or solo your click tracks. This isn’t available in the web UI yet, but in the meantime, you could use TouchOSC to build a custom control surface with these features.

Here’s a demo project with buttons to solo, unsolo, and toggle the solo state of all click tracks: Click Track Solo.tosc (942 Bytes)

TouchOSC 2023-11-11 at 02.05.49

After opening this project on your computer, phone, or tablet, just go to the connection settings and enter the IP of the computer running AbleSet, and set the send port to 39051:

CleanShot 2023-11-11 at 02.04.26

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions or feedback :slight_smile: