Start/Stop not working with midi mapped controller

Describe your issue here:

I have a midi foot controller mapped to start/stop within ableset. However most of the time when I hit the button for “stop” it just starts the song over.

Please fill out these values to make it easier to troubleshoot:

• OS and Version: macOS 13.6.1
  • Version of AbleSet: 2.5.7
  • Version of Ableton Live: 11.3.21

Hey @Jfox815,

Thank you for reporting this, I’m sorry to hear that you’re experiencing issues with the start/stop mapping in AbleSet.

To troubleshoot this, could you try removing the start/stop mapping in AbleSet and then pressing the MIDI button again? There might be another function mapped to the same MIDI button either in AbleSet or Ableton Live that causes this behavior.

You could also try to map the start/stop function to another button on your MIDI controller to check if that makes a difference.

If that doesn’t help, could you take a video of what the issue looks like on your end and upload it to my support inbox so I can take a closer look at it?

I hope this helps and look forward to your reply!

Leo! Thanks for the prompt reply! Now I feel stupid. Initially, I had intentionally unmapped the midi control for start in ableton but after reading your message I double checked and it was still mapped. I think I must have forgot to save those changes or reloaded an older version of the session at some point. Either way! Thanks!

1 Like

No worries, I’m glad you found a solution!