Project file exported from Lyrics Track Generator is corrupt

When trying to import the generated lyrics track into my project I get a message saying the document is “corrupt and cannot be loaded (unknown compound stream type)”.
This is only happening with one specific song, not different in any way I can figure out than other songs I’ve generated lyrics tracks for.

• OS and Version: Windows 11 Home 22H2
  • Version of AbleSet: 2.4.1
  • Version of Ableton Live: 11.0.12

Hey @RonnieM, welcome to the forum! I’m sorry to hear that you’re experiencing issues with the lyrics generator.

This could be caused by some invisible characters in the lyrics that break the generator script and make it produce an invalid file. Could you DM or email me the lyrics you’re trying to convert to a lyrics project, preferably as a text file, along with the generated .als file so I can inspect this on my end?

You could also try using a different browser to check if that makes any difference.

I’m looking forward to your reply and hope we can find a solution soon!

Hi Leo,
Using a different browser actually worked, thank you.
Would you still like me to send you the text and the generated .als file?

That’s great to hear, I’m glad you found a solution!

That would be great – I might be able to use this information to make the lyrics generator more stable. It would also be interesting to know which browser failed to produce a valid project file and which browser you switched to in order to solve this issue.

Chrome failed, Microsoft Edge delivered. Sending them your way, thanks again!

1 Like