Describe your issue here:
The more information you include, the better. If you like, you can also attach images or videos.
Is there a way to prevent AbleSet from “jumping” back to the current song that’s playing when a new section/locator is encountered? Please see the video and you’ll see what I mean.
I like to hover over the next song I’m going to play next after the current one ends, but when it jumps back I have to scramble to play the next tune.
I prefer to use locators at this point versus midi clips for sections because with locators you can jump to sections, repeat/loop sections, etc. and I don’t think this is possible using the midi clips.
Any assistance would be appreciated.
- OS and Version: (e.g. macOS Ventura 13.3)
- Version of AbleSet: (e.g. 2.2.3)
- Version of Ableton Live: (e.g. 11.3.3)
There are two potential solutions to the issue:
- There’s an option called “Autoscroll to the Current Song” in AbleSet’s settings. If you disable it, AbleSet won’t scroll to the current song or section when it changes.
- If you want to arm the next song already while the current song is playing, you can set the jump mode to “End of Song”. This allows you to trigger the next song while the current song is playing, and AbleSet will jump to it when the current song is finished or when you stop playback. This means you don’t have to manually jump to the next song at the end of each song.
I hope this helps!
This is great. Disabling Autoscroll did exactly what I want. But I have one other question. Is the only way to randomly jump around from one part of the song to another done by using Locators? Or can it be done using a sections track with midi clips? The sections are much cleaner to me and I’d prefer that if possible. Thanks.
Unfortunately, due to how Live’s API works, you can only jump to locators while playing. I’ve already contacted Ableton about it but they didn’t have any plans to implement a function to jump to any arbitrary time in the arrangement, unfortunately.
Here’s a ticket to track this: Jump to sections defined by clips while Live is playing
As a workaround, AbleSet offers a function to place locators at each section clip automatically. You can use it by clicking on Setlist → Place Locators on Section Clips in AbleSet’s settings menu. That way, you can work with section clips to build your set and then let AbleSet place locators at each section so you can jump to all sections during your show.
You can also remove those section locators by clicking on Setlist → Remove Automatically Placed Locators in case you want to make changes to your sections.
Fantastic! This’ll do it. Mark it resolved.