Multiple custom CSS styles

Hi! just discovered AbleSet and it’s freakin AMAZING. I’m only an hour into playing with the demo (I can’t afford a license right now) but I’m already enthralled with all of the possibilities. Thank you thank you thank you.

First little tinker on my list: I have a Daylight Computer (tldr: v sick/fast eink android tablet) that lives on my mic stand for lyrics / charts etc

obvi I’m immediately using the Ableset webapp on my Daylight and getting rid of my PDF / handwritten charts I had. It works fantastically.

My next step is to start customizing the theme so it works even nicer on the Daylight display.

But as far as I can tell, doing that would mean changing the CSS everywhere that views the AbleSet web server.

Wondering if there’s a way to support multiple custom CSS overrides? My initial thought was to just add a URL param playbackmac.local/?theme=eink so I can use the default theme on my Mac / iPad, but I’m open to other implementation options :slight_smile:

Thank you SO much for such an amazing tool - I can’t wait to get a license and use this live :slight_smile:

Hey @jem,

That’s a great idea!

I’ve recently released a feature with the latest beta that lets you define a name for the current device:

It should be relatively straight-forward to add the name of the device to the document’s list of classes, so if your device is called “Daylight”, you’d have a .device-daylight class you could target to only apply styles to this particular device.

CleanShot 2024-08-19 at 20.40.28@2x

Would that work for you?

I’m looking forward to your reply!

oops just caught this - great solution!

1 Like