Lyric Image—"couldn't find image"

Describe your issue here:

Tried using the Lyric Image feature to add sheet music, but in performance view it’s coming up as

Couldn’t find image “[file name]”

Am I doing something obviously wrong?

Please fill out these values to make it easier to troubleshoot:

• macOS Monterey 12.4
  • AbleSet 2.4.3
  • Ableton Live 11.3.2

Hey @Josh, welcome to the forum, I’m glad you like the app!

From your video and the screenshot, I can’t find anything obviously wrong with how your files are managed. Could you send me a log package to support@ableset.app so I can take a closer look at this? You can create one by clicking on “Create Log Package” in AbleSet’s settings menu.

If you like, you can also send me the project including the lyrics images folder. If it’s too large for email, you can upload it here.

I’m looking forward to your reply!

1 Like

Oh well this is odd:

Saved that Ableton set as a template and used it to start work on another song…
…and now the Lyric Image is ~working.

It found that subfolder/file, but in the first song’s folder:

Thank you for the log files, that’s very interesting! AbleSet uses Live’s log files to determine which project file is currently open, but it seems that in your case, Live never logged that you opened the “Dust On The Bottle” project file.

If this happens again, could you try loading the current project file again and check whether that makes a difference?

I don’t think you even have to close it before – just double-clicking the project in the browser on the left should be enough to make Live log its path. This allows AbleSet to be notified of the project’s current path so it can look for the lyrics folder.

Unfortunately, Live doesn’t offer any other way to access the path of the current project file, so even though it’s a bit hacky, parsing it out of Live’s log files is currently the only way for me to get this information.

I hope this helps and look forward to your feedback!