+LOOPGUIDE not working, but probably user error

Hi. I’m trying to utilize AbleSet’s +LOOPGUIDE feature for our practices. I have my song in Ableton set up with both a +GUIDE and +LOOPGUIDE. However, when the song is cued up and I select ‘Verse’ (for example) in AbleSet, it properly gives the 4 count entrance then starts at the Verse, but I’m not hearing the verse cue. For some reason, the +LOOPGUIDE track in Ableton stays muted for that intro. All other tracks mute as well (which they should).

Outside of naming a track +LOOPGUIDE and adding the cue at the correct spot, is there anything else I need to enable to get this working?

Thanks in advance!

• macOS Sonoma 14.5
  • AbleSet: latest version (no updates available when checking)
  • Ableton Live: 11.3.25 Suite

Hey @russomr,

Thank you for reporting this issue, and please excuse my late reply! To further inspect this, could you send me a video of the behavior on your machine along with a log package? You can create one by opening AbleSet’s status window, clicking the settings icon on the top right, and then selecting “Create Log Package”.

You can upload both files to my support inbox.

Hey @russomr,

Thanks for the video and the log package!

By default, AbleSet only soloes click tracks when the “Solo Click During Count-In” setting is enabled, which is why you don’t hear your cues. You can work around this by adding the +CLICK flag to your guide track’s name, e.g. “+GUIDE +CLICK”, so it gets soloed along with the click track.

I could probably change this behavior so +GUIDE tracks are soloed along with the click tracks by default. Do you think that would make sense?

I hope this helps!

Now works like a charm!  Thanks Leo!

Mike
1 Like