Ipad speed?

Not sure if this is covered here yet. Does the processing speed of the ipad you are using have any effect on how long it takes for a new set to load in ABLESET. I change sets mid-set and my mac pulls the new set up in seconds, but ABLESET can take from 1 to several minutes to catch up and be ready. I am running a cable from Mac to ipad air ( probably 5 years old) , the size of the set doesnt seem to make much difference, in one set i have nearly 300 songs - another i have about 30 - the Mac gets them up super fast but I spend a long time on stage waiting for ABLESET to load the new set.

I have an older iPad and it definitely takes a little longer than my newer one to get with the program. It’s just a slower device overall and accessing Ableset is no exception. Never waited minutes though.

The biggest issue I ran into on my older iPad (iPad Pro 9.7 from 2016) was latency. I had a wired ethernet connection to my playback rack’s network switch and was getting more latency than my bandmembers’ iPads connected via WiFi, which made on-the-fly setlist changes extremely unreliable. I bought an iPad Air 5th gen to replace it and haven’t had any issues since then.

Hey @redmusic,

The performance of your iPad can have an impact on loading times for AbleSet, but 1 to several minutes sounds like a potential bug. Could you send me a log package along with a video of the behavior on your end so I can take a look at what might be causing this?

You can create one by opening AbleSet’s status window, clicking the settings icon on the top right, and then selecting “Create Log Package”. You can then upload all files to my support inbox.

Hi Leo, at home it is on wifi and works much better, it is when it is localhost cable method that it is really slow, I will try to video it next weekends gigs, thank you

1 Like

Thanks mate, sounds like it is an issue, thanks for the reply, Regards, Rob

1 Like