'Groups' in a set list

Hey all - been using AbleSet for over a year, and it’s transformed the way I run our show with Ableton. Huge fan, it’s a wonderful solution.

We play a pretty fast-paced show. I create a set list, and I trigger the start of every song on the set list. It’s been asked of me if I can trigger things ‘even faster’ to keep the flow going. I’ve tightened up the ‘STOP’ markers as much as I can at the end of each song, and try to stay nearby my MC6 PRO to trigger the next song… but I wondered if the following was possible.

Thinking of songs in the set list, would it be possible to say ‘group’ 4 songs together that would automatically just play into each other? So if I have songs:

Song 1
Song 2
Song 3
Song 4
Song 5
Song 6

…and I wanted song 2, 3, 4 to play ‘automatically’ in succession - when 2 finishes, 3 starts immediately, then 4 - but after 4, it would stop. but, if I had to ditch the track during song 2 for whatever reason, when I advance to song 3 and start playback, it would continue through the end of song 4, and stop then.

does that make sense? does AbleSet already support this concept, and I’m not aware of it? :wink:

aaand I think I just found it… SONG END appears that it might do exactly what I’m looking for. going to give this a whirl later today!

1 Like

Yes, SONG END is the way to go! You could even replace all your STOP locators with SONG END ones and use the setlist editor to decide whether playback should stop at the end of a song:

I hope this helps :slight_smile:

1 Like