Generate QR Code for Remote IP

I’ve used other software in the past that has similar functionality with respect to the remote connection and they implemented a QR code generator for the remote ip/port. So when you click the icon, you’d see the local hostname and port, the remote ip and port, and a QR code representing the remote info. Would be a “nice to have” feature. Thanks for your consideration!

Hey @sevans4262, welcome to the forum!

That’s a cool idea and shouldn’t be too hard to implement. I’ve added it to my todo list :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Just faced a situation with one of the bands I work with. where that would have been super helpful! :slight_smile:

For instance, we use a rack version of the swissonic router with both networks (2.4GHz and 5GHz) as hidden networks.

Apparently android devices have a hard time connecting to a 5GHz hidden network, but it took us hours to troubleshoot and isolate the problem until we finally tried the 2.4GHz and everything worked out.

The QR code would have saved us from typing the ip/local network name many times, avoiding misspells and forgotten “http://” for example. On live situations every minute matters and it would indeed be a nice to have addition.

Super fan of the software. Keep up the good work :slight_smile:

Hey @Jean_Gengnagel, welcome to the forum!

That sounds like a stressful situation, I can imagine how having a QR code would have helped!

While I’m working on this feature, you can create a QR code for your remote IP using Google Chrome:

I hope this helps :slight_smile: