Feature Preview: Images in Lyrics

I’m trying to get this to work, but it doesn’t so far for me. I’m simply putting the following name on a midi clip in the existing lyrics track I have [img:songname.png][FULL]. I have a Lyrics folder in the project and have a file named “songname.png” in there – but nothing shows up?

Any thoughts on what I’m doing wrong or what to try?

Thanks

Hey @BeSharp,

Could you post a screenshot of your project’s folder structure and send me a log package to support@ableset.app so I can inspect this issue? You can create one by clicking on “Create Log Package” in AbleSet’s settings menu.

Here you go. Thanks for the help. Email was too big to send you with the log file. I’ll send it to you via wetransfer. Thx.

Thanks for the files!

I just inspected the logs and it seems like you’re running an outdated version. Could you try updating to the latest beta (AbleSet 2.4.0-beta.7) and check if that fixes the problems for you?

If it doesn’t, feel free to send me another log package so I can take a closer look.

Thanks but no go with 2.4.0-beta.7. I just resent the log file.

Thanks,

Mike

Hey @BeSharp,

Thank you for the logs! It seems like AbleSet recognizes the its-my-life.png file in your Lyrics folder, but I couldn’t find any clip referencing it in your project file, e.g. [img:its-my-life.png] or similar.

Could you send me a screenshot of what it looks like when you create a lyrics clip that references this image and view it on the lyrics page? You can also send me a video showing this issue if you like, that often helps with troubleshooting.

I’m looking forward to your feedback!

OK. I got it sorted. It’s now working fine. The problem was that I merged 2 sets and ended up with 2 different lyrics tracks while I was testing it. After I deleted one of the lyrics tracks everything started working as expected. Thanks Leo!

1 Like

Lil’ update: I’ve just published a tool that allows you to convert a PDF file (e.g. sheet music) into a lyrics track with one line per page. I found it cumbersome to split PDFs into images myself, so I wanted a way to automate this:

Lyrics Image Generator

You can choose between PNG and JPEG and the tool automatically optimizes images to be as small as possible in order to reduce loading times on the lyrics page. The result is a project folder including a project file with one lyrics clip per page and a lyrics folder containing one image per page.

Let me know if you find this useful, I’m looking forward to your feedback!

2 Likes

**UPDATED - FIGURED IT OUT - HAD A DUPLICATE FILE LOADED

I love the idea of this but I am unable to get it to work on 2.4.1. I’m seeing an error that says “Could not find…” Do I put the entire project file into the Ableton Project folder or just the lyrics folder?