Display PDF Score Sheet

Some bands are using the score sheets during performance instead of lyric and chord tracks. It is great to have the function added to display a whole page of the score in pdf when the song is selected to play.

This might almost be worth creating a new app for since it would be a fairly large project. In the meantime, you could use native apps like forScore which support loading songs based on incoming MIDI program changes.

Here’s a general tutorial for doing this with a keyboard:

You could then establish a MIDI connection to your computer over the network like this: How to Use Your iPad as a Wireless MIDI Controller

And then create a track in Live that contains one MIDI clip for each song that should be loaded in forScore with the correct PC number: https://help.ableton.com/hc/en-us/articles/209070489-Sending-Program-Change-messages-from-Live

I hope this helps!

Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, ForScore does not support Chord input. I think it’s for piano scores only.

ForScore takes any PDF file, so you can use chord sheets as well. Here’s a video of what that looks like:

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

This is now possible using the images in lyrics feature released with AbleSet 2.4. Here’s how it works:

I followed your instruction to copy the lyric folder to the current project and dragged the Clips\Page 1.alc into Ableton Midi track, but Ableset could not display the music sheet page. It displays “No Lyrics tracks found. Add a lyrics track to get started”. What do I missed?

@pn8395 you’ll have to make sure that the track you want to use for lyrics contains the +LYRICS flag in its name. If you’d like to insert a pre-made lyrics track, you can drag the .als file with the song name that is also in the downloaded folder into your project. This file includes a lyrics track that already contains clips for all pages.

I hope this helps :slight_smile: