Different arrangements of songs

I’m thinking out loud here - and realise this is a very niche need ( probably )

I’ll often have songs set up with a breakdown after the 2nd chorus that is set to loop, trade solos / talk to crowd etc / then an extra chorus the crowd sings - then back big with a chorus or outro etc…

But I find myself lately - when in party mode - wanting to keep the energy up and bypass the breakdown / dropping the energy part…

I realise this is achievable with sections / and that feature to re arrange songs.

But I’m thinking of like a way to have that feature preprogrammed - but then be able to select short / long or A / B version of the song…

So I guess one way of thinking is to have that “Re arrangement feature” baked into songs - but be able to toggle it in or off for any song at any time / on the fly…

Open to other ideas…

The song flow you’re describing could easily be achieved by a technique called Transitions. I use it frequently with a custom plugin that I developed using ableton-js

There is a wide variety of use cases for Transitions and Leo says that he has plans for incorporating it into a future version of Ableset.

1 Like