Connection Issue

I’m having a weird issue with one of my laptops running Ableset.
My macbook pro is hanging on the “Starting server”-dialogue. If I unplug and plug in the ethernet-cable, it moves on and works as it should.

If I disconnect the ethernet-cable, and only have wifi active, the macbook connects, and works as it should.

My setup consists of a Mac Mini, Macbook Pro, PlayAudio12, MioXM, and a router all connected to a switch.

• OS and Version: macOS Big Sur 11.7.10
  • Version of AbleSet: 2.6.7
  • Version of Ableton Live: 11.3.25

Hey @AndersK,

Thank you for sending along the log package! I haven’t been able to reproduce this on my end yet, which makes it harder to find a solution, but I’ll keep you posted on any progress I make.

My hunch is that this has to do with the way AbleSet tries to figure out your computer‘s IP address and host name. Does the app get stuck on “Starting server…” forever or does it actually start after a while?

I’m looking forward to your reply!

Hey Leo

I will test asap, and to see if it actually starts after a while.
I will get back to you tomorrow.
Hi again Leo

I let my setup run for about 20 hours, but my computer did not connect. It kept on showing the “Starting server” dialogue. 
As soon as I unplug the Ethernet cable it moves on, and I can then plug cable back in. Ableset can then see both machines, and my PlayAudio12 and MioXM. 

Although this is a workaround to make it work, it’s not the best solution for my setup, since it consists of a Mac Mini and a MacBook Pro, and I am using screen sharing to control the Mac mini. So when I unplug the Ethernet cable, I loose the screen sharing connection with the Mac mini.

If you want, I can record a video of what happens when I disconnect and reconnect the Ethernet cable.