Change song background colors on Setlist Globally

Describe your issue here:

I have 2 types of songs in my list:
1. Those with backing tracks
2. Those without backing tracks, but the lyrics png files show on the teleprompter anyway.

I would like to set different colors for whether or not a song has tracks versus those with only lyrics png files to display.

I know that I can use CSS to change all of the background colors of a div on the .setlist, but I can’t figure out how to override that on the fly for specific songs.

The more information you include, the better. If you like, you can also attach images or videos.

Please fill out these values to make it easier to troubleshoot:

• OS and Version: (e.g. macOS Ventura 13.3): Sonoma 14.4.1
  • Version of AbleSet: (e.g. 2.2.3): 2.6.6
  • Version of Ableton Live: (e.g. 11.3.3): 12.0.0

Hey @BeSharp , just append your desired color within square brackets of the song name:

My Song Name [blue]

Check out this page for a complete list of colors:

If you’re using Multi-Project Mode, you can also set the song color by including it in the Ableton project file name

Thanks for the reply RichardB. I am aware of adding song background colors on the setlist per song as you’ve described. What I was hoping to do was to have 1 “command” or CSS entry to make every song background one color, UNLESS it was going to be another color. Kind of an if/then kind of thing.

For example, IF there are tracks then make all the song background colors green; IF NO TRACKS, then make all the song backgrounds Red.

I have almost 200 songs in my set now, so going through each one is a bit time consuming.

From what you’ve described, you would still need to manually tag/identify the songs that are not to be the default color of green.

CSS will need something specific embedded in the song name that it can target. There is no automatic way to target a song/project with or without audio tracks.

1 Like