Canvas LINKS to LOAD setlist x, setlist Y, etc

On stage, I am pondering my Ableset options for >>> I want to change the next song, and all songs on the current setlist are not a fit, and I want to creatively jog my imagination on what song to choose next. So on-stage, I would like to quickly view the “TOP 10 Funny songs”, or “Top 10 Reggae Songs”, or “Artist XYZ songs”, etc. etc. And, I never want to touch a keyboard on-stage…only one-hit buttons, etc.

I am pondering 2 approaches:

  1. “Load Setlist” approach >> have a Canvas buttons that specifically loads SETLIST “Top 10 Reggae Songs”, another that loads Setlist “Artist XYZ” Songs", etc. What are the pros / cons of this approach (yes, I lose estimated remaining time of live performance, oh well) ? What Canvas programming commands should I look at to “load setlist”?

  2. The #TAG approach -
    Have a massive “ALL SONGS” Ableset Setlist, and use #TAGs for filtering? Any pros/cons that I need to consider for this? And, what Ableset Canvas command(s) should I explore to filter the current setlist with “#xyz” Tag ? And I guess, I need to consider that I need a “Clear all” tags button, and include flexibility to “add / delete” tags from a filter. (It could get messy)

Any / all help is greatly appreciated!

Version of AbleSet: current beta

Hey @nevillewhitemusic,

If you’d like to use the first approach, you can send OSC commands to AbleSet to load a setlist. For example, to load a setlist called “Top 10 Raggae Songs”, set the Button’s OSC command to:

/setlist/load "Top 10 Raggae Songs"

Let me know if this would work for you! :slight_smile: