Automatic drift correction toggles acting weird

Describe your issue here:

Trying to test automatic drift correction. Sometimes when I enable it on one computer, it enables it on both. Other times I’ll enable it on one computer but the settings menu on my B computer will contradict what I’m seeing on my A computer. It is very inconsistent and doesn’t seem to be any kind of pattern.

This an example of something I might see in the settings of each computer. Both browsers were on their respective machine.

Computer A:
Drift correction computer A: Off
Drift correction computer B: On

Computer B:
Drift correction computer A: On
Drift correction computer B: Off

Also, is there a recommended way to test if automatic drift correction is working? I’ve tried using the nudge buttons manually, and sometimes that works, but other times it doesn’t. Is it possible for the 2 computers to get too far off?

Please fill out these values to make it easier to troubleshoot:

• OS and Version: (e.g. macOS Ventura 13.6.4)
  • Version of AbleSet: (e.g. 2.6.0)
  • Version of Ableton Live: (e.g. 11.3.20)

Hey @lpage, thank you for reporting this issue!

To troubleshoot this, could you send me a video of the behavior on your end along with a log package from both computers? You can create one by opening AbleSet’s status window, clicking the settings icon on the top right, and then selecting “Create Log Package”. If these files are too large to send via email, you can upload them to my support inbox.

Regarding your question, the drift correction is automatically activated when you start playback and disabled when three consecutive beats are properly aligned until you stop playback again. Once your two computers are in sync, it’s unlikely they will drift out of sync again unless playback stops.

I hope this helps and look forward to your reply!