Audio Interfaces

Hi Leo,

Can you list the audio interfaces that have integration with AbleSet?

I’m aware of the playaudio12 - shows the green dot in a redundant set up. Are there other units that have this feature?

Thanks!

Hey @cgbb1964,

As of version 2.6.0, AbleSet supports iConnectivity’s PlayAUDIO12 and PlayAUDIO1U interfaces. AbleSet 2.7.0 will add support for DirectOut’s EXBOX.MD.

Is there any interface in particular that you’d like to use with AbleSet?

Hello Leo!

Thanks for your reply. I am currently using Radial products - the Radial USB pro, and the Radial BackTrack. They work great for my current application but they don’t switch automatically if a laptop were to disconnect.

Radial does make a unit called the Radial SW8-USB that does have automatic switching and that would be a great unit to work with AbleSet. Please let me know if you decide to add any of the Radial units to your list of interfaces.

Hey @cgbb1964,

It seems that the SW8-USB doesn’t have a documented way to read the interface’s current status via USB, unfortunately, but I’ll reach out to them to ask about it.

Hey Leo,

Thanks for checking. I’ve always enjoyed using Radial products but I’ve been looking into the PlayAudio1U and decided to purchase one. Really looking forward to having the redundancy AbleSet functionality. Thanks again for all that you do!

1 Like