Ableset jumping to beginning of set

Been using Ableset for some time now. Last night, the set skipped to the beginning of the night unexpectedly. The only difference being that the SONG END marker wasn’t on a measure of the current song playing - it was in the middle of a measure. I don’t recall changing this location, but I honestly am not sure if that was a recent change in our set. I checked the documentation, there’s no mention that SONG END needs to be placed at the beginning of a measure. Attached is a video showing the unexpected jump. Is there a way to avoid this?

• OS and Version: MacOS Sonoma 14.2.1
  • Version of AbleSet: 2.6.7
  • Version of Ableton Live: 12.1

Hey @guitargai,

Thank you for reporting this issue!

I think I understand why AbleSet does this. Because of your project’s global quantization, when jumping to a locator, Live waits until the current bar is finished before actually jumping. In this case, the “Stage All White Lights” locator is reached before Live jumps to the next song which confuses AbleSet.

I’ll see if I can add a safeguard in the next version of AbleSet so this doesn’t happen anymore. In the meantime, setting your global quantization to 1/2 or 1/4 or adding a bit more space between the SONG END locator and your next song should also fix the problem.

I hope this helps! :slight_smile: