AbleSet don't show the IP port to be used in an android 13 tablet

Hi Leo (and the community)
At last I’ve found your very promising and well thought app, that I’m starting to try.
My concern is to connect my android-13 tablet to the app that runs along with Live-11 in a McBookPro.
In the App icon in the Catalina main menu bar, I can open the window that specifies the IP info, but the port number isn’t displayed (see pict)
Capture d’écran 2024-03-21 à 11.37.56

I assume I should be able to open the Ableset window as a client to the local server, but I guess Chrome in android waits for the port number : am I right ?
=> is it a bug that the port number isn’t displayed ?
=> is there a way I can sniff the port out from some terminal command ?

Thanks in advance for your quick answer :pray:
Pym

Hey @Pym, welcome to the forum!

AbleSet runs on port 80. Since this is the default port for websites, you should be able to just enter the IP address or hostname in the browser of your Android tablet to open AbleSet, given that both devices are on the same network.

If that doesn’t work, you could try adding the default port to your address, e.g. http://MBP-Chr.local:80 or http://192.168.1.44:80

Let me know if this helps. I’m looking forward to your feedback :slight_smile:

1 Like

That was the missing info !
May I suggest to add it in the documentation ?

That might be the case for another topic : is it possible to adopt a different language than english ? Would you be interested in genuine translation (I mean one that would still use some english words that are making our typical musician slang) ?

I’ll soon be one your pro active customer :wink:
Pym

That’s a good idea! I just added this information to the FAQs :slight_smile:

I think it would be possible, but might potentially be a lot of work. Which additional language would you like to see supported by AbleSet?

1 Like

Thank you for your constant effort in supporting your forum members, it’s clearly a lot of work :pray:
I’m almost done with my tests :wink:
I’d be happy to offer some time to get a French translation done : I’m very used to write & translate manuals and music/audio stuff in both English and French…
I’ll send you a more elaborate email later on.
Speak soon

1 Like