AbleSet 2.6.5

• Added the ability to enable the loop bracket even if the playhead isn’t currently in it
    • In this case, the loop bracket is automatically moved to the current section before being enabled
  • Improved the stability when loading project files in multi-file projects
  • Fixed performance & lyrics view not working on iOS and iPadOS 12
  • Fixed loop bracket not moving to the correct section when jumping between sections while the count-in setting is enabled

You can download this version here:
Mac: https://ableset.app/download/mac/2.6.5
Mac (ARM): https://ableset.app/download/mac-arm64/2.6.5
Win: https://ableset.app/download/win/2.6.5

1 Like

Hey Leo, is there a way to revert to the old way with the setting on the loop bracket? We preferred the loop icon to show up in the loop and the Stop icon when not in the loop.

Hey @Jonathan_Favorite,

Unfortunately, this isn’t currently possible. If you’d always like to have access to the stop button, you could enable the “Stop by Default Instead of Pausing” option. Would that work for you as well?

I’m looking forward to your reply! :slight_smile:

Thanks for the reply! We use Ableset at our church and had used the stop button for stopping the tracks (when our team got off the click track), and it was super convenient that the stop button turned into the loop button when inside the loop. The only thing that would be better would be to have the loop and stop buttons both available. I have not tried the “Stop by Default instead of Pausing” option, but if that gets rid of loop control, then it wouldn’t be preferable.

Using the option I mentioned replaces the pause button with the stop button, so the loop button will always stay available. Let me know if that would work for you :slight_smile:

Okay, I’ll give that a try. Thank you!

Hey Leo, so I gave this a try. I see it switches between the pause button and the stop button. When trying each, I don’t see a difference in Ableton’s behavior. It just stops the track wherever it is. The other issue I have is whenever I click the loop button, it moves my loop bracket to the current song, which is not what I want. I want to keep the loop where it is and just enable/disable it. I do not have the setting “Auto-Loop the Current Section” enabled, although I don’t think that’s what it’s for.

The ‘auto-loop current section’ option basically places the loop bracket in the current section that’s being played, so that you can enable/disable the loop in such section.

I did try that, and that’s also not what we are looking for. Bottom line, I want to place the loop in Ableton where I want it and the LOOP button in Ableset to behave how the loop button in Ableton behaves: enable/disable. No matter what setting I have selected, it seems that it moves the loop brackets. I am looking for the loop to stay stationary.

Hey @Jonathan_Favorite,

Thank you for reporting this behavior, that sounds like a bug! I’ve managed to reproduce it on my end and will try to implement a fix for this soon.

Thanks @leolabs ! I appreciate it.