Ablenet connection issues on 2.7.0

After updating to Ableset 2.7.0 I’m having issues using ablenet. Currently I have an M1 Mac connected to a Windows 10 PC via an ethernet cable. They both have static IPs. WiFi is turned off. I’m able to ping the other computer on both.

When I turn on able net on the Mac without the Ethernet cable connected, it adds a section, called “ablenet on unnamed”. Normally I’d expect the new section to say “ablenet on Lexs-MacBook-pro”. Not sure if this is a bug or if I’m doing something wrong. Same thing on the pc

When I connect the ethernet cable nothing happens. Then on the Mac I type the ip of the PC into the box labeled “connect to custom ips”. Then it correctly names the section, and a new section pops up with the name of the pc. But every few seconds it seems to disconnect then immediately reconnect.
Nothing changes on the pc, it still says 0 hosts connected.

I’m a little confused on what I should be typing into the “connect to custom IPs” box. Is it the ip of the computer listed or the ip of the computer I want to connect to.

Please fill out these values to make it easier to troubleshoot:

• Mac OS Ventura 13.6.4, Windows 10
  • Ableset 2.7.0
  • Live 11.3.20

After testing on 2.6.7 everything works as normal.

@leolabs any ideas on what we might be doing wrong? Or is this a bug?

I’m having the same issue with one computer being a Mac and another being the Windows PC. The Mac is being controlled by Ableset fine but the PC won’t.
Also I noticed that Ableset doesn’t stay open on PC. Is that normal?

@lpage and I still have the issue when using 2 macs as well.

Anyone else having this issue? I have sent an email to support but neither @lpage or I have heard anything back from @leolabs

This issue is preventing us from using 2.7.0 so hopefully we can find a solution.

Hey @clarocque and @lpage,

Please excuse my late reply on this thread! I’ve been trying to troubleshoot this issue for a while but haven’t been able to reproduce it on my end, unfortunately.

Could you send me a log package of both computers so I can take a closer look at what might be causing the connection issues in your setup? You can create one by opening AbleSet’s status window, clicking the settings icon on the top right, and then selecting “Create Log Package”.

You can upload the files to my support inbox.

I’m looking forward to your reply!

Thanks for the response. I’ve just uploaded the log files.