Ablenet communicating fine between laptops but not controlling Ableton playhead on laptop B

Describe your issue here:

I built a rig with Ablenet (connecting two MacBooks via a netgear ethernet box) and a PlayAudio1U.

Ableset on Laptop A is connecting to Ableset on Laptop B, song choice is mirrored and all looks good. I realized, however, that the play/stop function on laptop B is not controlling the playhead in Ableton on laptop B. It’s strange… what could be affecting the connection between Ableset and Ableton on that laptop?

The Ableset control surface is activated on both laptops.

May just be something silly I’m overlooking… thanks!

Please fill out these values to make it easier to troubleshoot:

• OS and Version: macOS Sonoma 14.1
  • Version of AbleSet: 2.5.7
  • Version of Ableton Live: 12.0.1

Hey @VWPlayback1, welcome to the forum!

I’m sorry to hear that you’re experiencing issues with AbleNet. To troubleshoot this, could you send me a video of your setup and the issue along with a log package of both your A and B laptops? You can create one by opening AbleSet’s status window, clicking the settings icon on the top right, and then selecting “Create Log Package”.

If the files are too large to send via email, you can upload them to my support inbox.

I also just released AbleSet 2.6.0 yesterday which contains a bunch of fixes and improvements. You could try updating to the latest version and check if that fixes the issue on your B laptop.

I’m looking forward to your reply!

Hey @VWPlayback1,

Thank you for the log package, and please excuse my late reply on this thread! Unfortunately, I haven’t been able to figure out what might be causing the issue you described based on the log package alone.

If it’s still happening, could you send me a video of your setup and the issue? Hopefully that will help us find the cause and a solution :slight_smile: