AbleNet and Global Quantization Automation "Glitch"

Hi, I have global quantization “automations” coming from the IAC Driver bus (sending CC messages to change the quantization subdivision) within Ableton. I’ve noticed that when I’m using AbleNet, the global quantization will glitch and the subdivision remains unchanged (basically reverting back to whatever it started as). I racked my brain trying to find the source and eventually figured out it had something to do with using AbleNet. When AbleNet is disabled, the automation goes over just fine.

Changes from 1 bar to 1/32 no problem. When AbleNet is being used, it either just doesn’t “pick up” the IAC command at all, or it will for a split second before reverting back to 1 bar.

I can’t give an explanation as to why this is happening, but I’ve done a lot of process of elimination and found AbleNet is the cause. Not sure why.

I would love to find out that I’m doing something wrong, so please lay it on me :grin:

Please fill out these values to make it easier to troubleshoot:

• OS and Version: (Various/Multiple)
  • Version of AbleSet: (e.g. 2.5.7)
  • Version of Ableton Live: (e.g. 11.3.12)

Hey @miikaii, thank you for reporting this!

To troubleshoot this issue, could you send me a video of the behavior in your setup along with a log package of both computers so I can take a closer look at what might be causing this? You can create one by opening AbleSet’s status window, clicking the settings icon on the top right, and then selecting “Create Log Package”.

You can upload all files to my support inbox.

I’m looking forward to your reply!

1 Like

Hi, Leo. Just sent it over :slight_smile:

Hey @miikaii,

Thank you for the log package! It took me a while to figure this out, but I found a fix for this glitch and will release it as part of the next update.

1 Like

@leolabs I would love to hear about what the underlying issue was/what was causing it. If it isn’t too much to explain. Either way, thank you for looking into this and finding a fix. Looking forward to the update

AbleSet automatically synchronizes the global quantization of both connected computers via AbleNet to ensure they behave the same when jumping to locators, but there was a bug in the communication with Live that caused this process to always set it to 1 bar, regardless of what value it should actually be set to.

1 Like